Get Help for Your Business
On October 21, 2020, New York State implemented a new strategy of aggressively responding to micro-clusters in order to limit COVID spread in a defined geographic area and by doing so prevent broader viral transmission that would result in widespread economic shutdowns.
- The Micro-Cluster Strategy identifies clusters and the areas around them and categorizes them into one or more color-coded zones with corresponding levels of restrictions based on severity: Red Zones, Orange Zones, and Yellow Zones.
- Business owners should check the NY Forward Micro-Custer site to check the specific guidelines pertaining to their local area.
- The following businesses are considered essential businesses and can remain open in yellow, orange, and red cluster zones
- grocery stores including all food and beverage stores
- convenience stores
- farmer’s markets
- gas stations
- restaurants/bars (but only for take-out/delivery)
- hardware and building material stores
- businesses with a waiver
- Indoor dining suspended in NYC
COVID Business Support Grants, Loans and Resources
For more small business relief grants, loans, and resources, visit the COVID19 Business Resources page.
Free Legal Assistance
WHEDco is working with Volunteers of Legal Service to provide free 1-on-1 advice remotely via phone or video conferencing to Bronx businesses. Common areas VOLS can help with are:
To set up an appointment, you can contact me at 347-906-2335 or email us at econdev(at)whedco.org.
Where else can I get help for my business?
Business Resource Guide
Browse a list of free and low-cost resources available to help start-up, established, and expanding business in the Bronx to succeed.
Need to chat to someone?
Call/text WHEDco at 347-906-2335 or email us at econdev(at)whedco.org for assistance with your business needs.