Phipps Neighborhoods – Case Manager
The Case Manager will provide case management services to an assigned caseload of thirteen to sixteen clients at a transitional housing program. The Case Manager will help clients address a range of needs to facilitate their move to permanent housing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with new families within 48 hours of client’s entry to the facility.
- Identify the client’s barrier, strengths and needs.
- Meet with clients’ bi-weekly, weekly or as needed to develop and maintain accurate independent living plans and progress notes.
- Responsible for assisting clients in establishing achievable goals.
- Provide individual counseling and case management to clients.
- Assist clients with maintaining an active public assistance case.
- Provide life skills and assist client with self-sufficient skills.
- Conduct unit inspection for all clients.
- Interface with external Social Service Agencies.
- Attend program and agency staff meetings, supervisory and in-service training sessions and external meetings throughout the community.
- Maintain case records, complete and submit all required reports.
- Prepare, maintain and submit all required monthly reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with staff to develop a housing permanency plan for the clients.
- Performs other duties as required by Program Director and/or Program Supervisor
- Minimum required High School Diploma/GED, or Associates Degree.
- A Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- CARES experience required
- Strong organizational, written and verbal skills are necessary.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Computer Literate.