MMCC – Group Leader
Mosholu Montefiore Community Center (MMCC), is one of the largest human service providers in the North Bronx. The mission of MMCC is to improve the lives of the Bronx and Manhattan residents with our dedication to humanitarian efforts. Join our mission as we continue to build communities one life at a time.
- Plan, implement and document successful educational, recreation, youth leadership, community service and arts activities with school-aged children.
- Adhere to policies and procedures in a pro-active manner, making the safety and care of children your primary focus.
- Build a positive relationship with each after-school participant in your care, and foster positive connections between participants. Actively engage with children at all times with the goal of fostering the positive development of each child and the group.
- Conduct yourself as a professional and representative of the agency with school staff, parents, children and anyone else with whom you come into contact in your role.
- Effectively manage assigned group. Maintain and enforce progressive discipline policy.
- Create a cohesive and effective staff team.
- Actively participate in all aspects of staff or member development, including weekly supervision, weekly team meetings, pre-service training, and an additional at least 15 hours of training during the school year.
- Other assignments, as requested.
- At least 1 year of College, preferably in Education, Social Work or related field.
- 1-year experience working with children in a child care or education setting
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Availability- Monday through Friday 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Occasional evenings and weekends.