MMCC – Development Associate
The mission of MMCC is to improve the lives of Bronx and Manhattan residents with our dedication to humanitarian efforts; reaching out to a rich tapestry of cultures, building gateways to success through quality service and programs, building confidence, sustainability and working toward self-sufficiency for the individuals we serve.
Mosholu Montefiore Community Center (MMCC) seeks an energetic, creative, and goal-oriented leader for the full time position of Development Associate to support the activities of a robust, cause-driven charitable organization, dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Reporting to the Director of Development, this position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in proactively identifying and researching prospective donors, analyzing and compiling information using a broad range of data sources and techniques.
- Assist in the analysis of philanthropic and wealth screening data to identify and qualify potential funders.
- Participate in prospect review and strategy sessions assisting in creative, long-term strategy development.
- Effectively utilize and help manage the database and record keeping systems for information storage and retrieval ensuring data integrity and information flow.
- Monitor industry, business, financial and other news relevant to principal and leadership prospects and share with colleagues as needed.
- Assist in the Coordination of all agency special events
- Liaison with Marketing Director
- Donor relationships and correspondence
The successful candidate should have:
- One to two years progressive professional experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have superior written, oral communication, presentation, organizational, interpersonal and computer skills including experience with relational donor databases, preferred and familiarity with digital/social media communications of all kinds
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects capably
- Must work flexibly and positively with colleagues and volunteers
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Computer Skills should include proficiency is MS Office (Excel) and Word Press
Competitive salaries. Health insurance, retirement plans, credit union, vacation, and holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.