MMCC – Assistant Program Director
The Mosholu Montefiore Community Center (MMCC) is the largest not-for-profit provider of quality education, employment, and health and recreation programs in the impoverished neighborhoods of the North Bronx, serving the needs of more than 28,000 residents each year. Since our founding as a neighborhood community center in 1942, MMCC has served the needs of thousands of neighbors from all cultural backgrounds, religions, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations and special needs.
The mission of MMCC is to improve the lives of Bronx and Manhattan residents with our dedication to humanitarian efforts; reaching out to a rich tapestry of cultures, building gateways to success through quality service and programs, building confidence, sustainability and working toward self-sufficiency for the individuals we serve.
- The Assistant Program Director position will assist the Program Director with hiring, providing support and direct supervision of staff members
- Typical program hours/work schedule is from Monday to Friday 1pm-10pm and alternating Saturdays from 9am-5pm
- The Assistant Program Director will assist Program Director in preparing and submitting all required reports and documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Oversee and conduct Youth Council meetings and sit with 2 members on Youth Advisory
- Ongoing engagement with all community
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the Agency
- Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the Agency
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the Program
- Build upon the Program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Must be able to engage in crisis-intervention activities and demonstrate, lead, and teach a range of group activities
- Serve as the Program marketer and partner to the community, neighboring communities, schools, and other local agencies
- Ensure that Program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the Agency
- Ensure that Program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Be a solid team player with demonstrated ability to work with flexibility and efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- Know how to develop lesson plans and ensure that staff is creating and implementing lesson plans
- Train and support staff, endure that they are following MMCC Policies
- Payroll- timesheets are filled out correctly and Hire packets are completed correctly for the director to sign off and submit
- Responsible for Monthly Reporting (MMCC, NYCHA & DYCD)
- DYCD online, knowledge and know how to navigate the system by inputting, taking attendance and running reports
- Self-starter who is detail-oriented, well-organized and enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse people and communities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment and discretion
- High standards, integrity and well organized
- Good computer, verbal and written communication skills
- Provide assistance and support as needed
- Perform any additional duties asked of you by your supervisor
- The ideal candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in related profession
- The ideal candidate must have excellent management, administrative and communication skills
- Knowledge of DYCD and DOH is mandatory. NYCHA knowledge is a plus
- Minimum of 2 years Supervisory experience within the field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy
- Enthusiasm, creativity and initiative
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
Competitive salaries. Health insurance, retirement plans, credit union, vacation, and holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.